The City of Medford provides all eligible employees, a generous comprehensive benefit package including:
*Benefit amounts vary depending on employee group
- Medical/Dental/Vision for employee and family, paid at 100% by the City with the opportunity to buy-up to a lower deductible plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance paid at 66% of salary*
- Life Insurance – Policy value of $50,000
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment – Policy value of $50,000
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA-VEBA)*
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – Employees have the option to enroll in a Health Care FSA or a Dependent Care FSA
- Voluntary Aflac and additional life insurance available
- The City’s Wellness Program promotes physical, social, emotional, intellectual, financial and environmental wellness with various goals and challenges to participate in throughout the year. Employees may qualify for wellness incentives by completing milestones set within the wellness program.
- The City has a fully equipped fitness center available 24 hours a day
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation*
- Paid holidays – nine per year*
- Employees earn 96 hours of paid sick leave annually
- Oregon Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) is 100% paid as the City pays the Employee’s (6%) and the Employer’s (6%) contributions.
- Deferred compensation (Section 457 Plan) – voluntary pre-tax or Roth options available.
The insurance benefits, wellness programs, retirement plan choices, and other services offered are a important part of an employee’s overall compensation and encourages a healthy work-life balance.