Transparency in Government
A City government that is open and understandable builds public trust. It keeps residents better informed and involved in government. Information that is accessible helps the public and City management make informed decisions. It improves accountability and understanding of City operations.
The City of Medford’s meetings are open to the public. All federal and state laws are followed. The City Council adheres to adopted Council Rules of Procedure(PDF, 639KB). All public records are open, including financial disclosure statements, budgetary review and audits.
Following are ways the City of Medford makes its information available to the public:
- Display City Council agendas in the local newspaper the day before the meeting
- Email all meeting agendas to the media
- Post all meeting agendas on the City's website
- Televise City Council, Medford Urban Renewal Agency Board, Planning Commission and Site Plan & Architectural Commission meetings live on cable, channel 181 and through the City website
- Provide access to City Council, Board and Commission agendas and minutes
- Archive video of all televised meetings for public access for one year
- Maintain a City business license database
- Post job opportunities
- Provide purchasing/bid opportunities
- Online registration and printed Parks & Recreation information
- Online services for building permits, planning & building services, police services