2.437 Multicultural Commission
(1) The City Council establishes the Multicultural Commission to represent and reflect issues of economic, social and cultural interest for Medford's growing multicultural community.
(2) The Multicultural Commission shall consist of seven members. The members shall be appointed by the Mayor and City Council for terms of three years, except that two of the initial members shall be appointed for terms of two years to assure that all appointments do not expire at the same time.
(3) The Multicultural Commission shall adopt rules of procedure, as necessary, and shall by resolution establish either a regular meeting date or rules of procedure under which meetings may be called.
(4) The Multicultural Commission shall act as an advisor to the City Council on all matters affecting the multicultural community of the City of Medford.
(5) The duties of the Multicultural Commission are:
(a) Identify and voice concerns about issues which affect the multicultural community.
(b) Develop positive forums for multicultural community members.
(c) Encourage a culturally diverse and competent force of elected and appointed City officials and employees.
(d) Support channels of communication between the multicultural community and City officials.
(e) Provide the Mayor and City Council opportunities to speak with the multicultural community and hear its concerns.
(f) Other duties as may be assigned by the Mayor and City Council.
(6) Two years from the date of adoption of Section 2.437, the City Council shall review the performance of the Multicultural Commission.
[Added Ord. No. 2000-57, April 6, 2000; Amd. Ord. No. 2002-19, Feb. 7, 2002; Amd. Sec. 4, Ord. No. 2010-81, Apr. 15, 2010; Amd. Sec. 7, Ord. No. 2012-157, Oct. 4, 2012; Amd. Sec. 5, Ord. No. 2013-003, Jan. 3, 2013.]