2.454 Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
(1) The Medford City Council hereby creates the City of Medford Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee to advise the City Council on plans and issues related to non-motorized transportation including pedestrians, bicyclists, skateboarders and others.
(2) The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee shall consist of seven members, including a mix of persons representing pedestrian interests, cycling interests, and other non-motorized transportation modes. Members shall be appointed by the Mayor and City Council. Members shall be appointed to serve three-year terms, except that shorter terms may be used to stagger appointments so that the terms of two members expire each year. The Committee shall elect a Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson from among its members. The Committee shall adopt rules of procedure as necessary, and shall establish either a regular meeting date or rules of procedure under which a meeting may be called. Four members shall constitute a quorum. Members shall attend all meetings unless excused.
(3) The duties of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee shall include, but not be limited to the following:
(a) Make recommendations to the Transportation Commission regarding priorities and opportunities for non-motorized transportation programs.
(4) One member from the Committee will be appointed to serve as a member of the Transportation commission.
(5) The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee shall present to the Transportation Commission a yearly written report on the committee’s activities, goals and concerns.
(6) The City Manager will provide staff support for the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee from the Public Works and Planning Departments, with other departments providing assistance as needed.
[Add Sec. 5, Ord. No. 2018-90, July 19, 2018, effective January 1, 2019]